Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Passion Pit - Sleepyhead

Just got the album this song is from. If you like this song, I recommend that you get Chunk of Change. It has this weird cross genre vibe, but not in the sense of really mixing two genres. I would consider this a slower dance album with sub genre undertones that create a nice a background harmony. I think the most notable sub genre is hip-hop. Better yet, 80s might be an unoriginal thing to recreate, but hidden in the margins it adds a wonderful touch.
Another thing that stands out, is the dynamic nature of the record. I have nothing against an album that flows smoothly from start to finish (explosions in the sky is one of my favorite bands), but those that experiment with more volatility and manage to connect the songs together tend to stand out from the pack.

No comments: