Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just Like College

So last night was eerily reminiscent of my days JMU. I think part of that had to with the fact that I went out with three former students(Orrin has a really good write up, hopefully he will paste it here). In addition to just being out with guys from school, there was the typical consumption of large quantities of alcohol, as well as the melodramatic moment with the girl im dating.
We started off at Asylum around 8:30 after having a couple beers at my house. Asylum was one of those really good ideas, that was actually really bad. They have a happy hour where Miller High Lifes start at 50 cents and then go up 50 cents an hour until they $3 at 11pm. As Reed used to say, on a scale of 1 to 10 I was hammered before 10pm. I was shouting "hammer time" and "MC Hammered" before the time I would normally even leave my place.
After Asylum, we headed over to Millie and Al's where my body started rejecting everything I tried to put in it. I struggled through a slice of pizza and some cheap beer.
Next, we headed to over to Reef. This place is a must because its never too crowded and its got a really good atmosphere for Adams Morgan. There was no magic like last time when two of the guys ended up in Silver Spring with two girls they met there. From the window looking out into the madness of Adams Morgan, we noticed a bunch of girls heading into Grand Central across the street. We made our way over with Daft Punk playing as we entered the place. This was enough to fire me up and buy a round of jagers for the group. From what I can remember, I really liked this place(first time i ever checked out) even though the mystery girl hated it. And so I followed the girl across the street to 18th and red, while one guy disappeared and another was still talking to a girl in Grand Central. While we were waiting in line, I ended up making a bit of a scene because of the way she hugged this guy. Fortunately it was quick and nothing really came of it. I for some reason decided to get a white russian even after my body hadnt accepted a drink in some time. I am not so sure of this last place, the night gets hazy but there are some pictures of me floating around the net where I pretty fucked up. I have no idea of the time at this point, but I end up sharing a cab with the girl and she gets dropped off first and then I take the long expensive ride home. I send a few texts and hit up some club facebook and crash.

No comments: