Monday, November 26, 2012

Chick-Fil-A



Have you been to chick-fil-a? Really, have you been to chick-fil-a? If so (sans pretense), then you probably share the same unbridled enthusiasm for the preeminent fast food experience as I do. Realistically, your expertise on the fast food spectrum is probably analogous to a guy washing dishes as soon as he is finished eating. Well, fortunately I am here to fill you in as I am something akin to a fast food elitist, dare I say fast foodie? Let start with the spooner (burger king late 80s), head over to the 29/39 cent hamburger/cheeseburger deal (mcdonalds mid 90s), mentally indulge the double down (wait, thats today!), and top it all off with the mcrib (80s...wait today?!?). Have you been there? I have and its been quite a ride.


20 Burgers, 10 fries and 3 dudes.... the first and last weekend of my white castle experience.

In my younger days, chick-fil-a was the girl who I always knew, but I never really knew until everything came together. Due to the long distance nature of our relationship, we never really hit it off until we ended up a block apart. Lets just say if I could get to chick-fil-a 5 minutes before work, I was on time.

What makes chick-fil-a the one? For starters, its right wing evangelical proselytizing platform just makes me feel all good inside. Everybody knows... well everybody who has ever had a late Saturday night knows of their God honoring Sunday - you cant have any chicken because you should not have been drinking and better yet you should be in church - closing. Next up is their subconscious efforts of implanting christian ideology via satellite transmissions of christian music. No gentle relient k ... just hillsong and the like. Seriously, listen to the music the next time you are in a chick-fil-a; its just quiet enough for you to not hear it, but loud enough to sink into your soul. More obvious is their use of the marginalized Washington Times (1. do they still have a print edition? 2. great sports section btw) to keep their guests informed on the most important topics of the day.

Ok, so that doesnt quite sound like the one? Well, there food actually makes up for everything that I just mentioned above. The chicken sandwich (spicy, of course), the waffle fries and the milk shakes; enough to make a non-believer believe in fast food! They are always so damn clean! How do they keep the place so clean? I would like to think maybe the Silver Spring location is just a nicer area, but if you head over to the local McDonalds, you will see that is not the case. The local McDonalds wins the award for the most mangled McDonalds in the world; and that is quite the accomplishment when I think of the number of different franchises I have been to. Um, they new my name in chick-fil-a and I am going to say that is because they were supposed to learn customers names, not because I went there so much. Seriously, this should have ended with waffle fries. Hopefully, you stopped halfway through and ran to your local branch to get a chicken sandwich, enjoyed some tunes and picked up your local right wing news source. For now, just enjoy testing out your waffle fries with all the different sauces they gave you.

Montreal....

No comments: