Thursday, July 3, 2008

a post that will annoy allen

As allen knows, I'm not a fan of waiters and waitresses and how I have to tip them on top of whatever else I'm paying. Recently, this over-the-counter restaurant which is one of my favors switched from over-the-counter food to employing waiters. To me, that's paying 15% more money for the same meal. It annoys me so.

Here's a letter I wrote to the manager.

Mr. Iskandar,

I am a long time customer of your restaurant and greatly enjoy the food there. I think the food is truly delicious as compared to other Mediterranean restaurants I service. Recently, however, I dislike the fact that unless you are eating your food outside the cafe, you must sit at a table and be waited on a waitress. Before, I considered your food affordable, but now, with a waiter bringing me food that I can easily pick up myself at the counter, I have to pay an extra 15% on top of whatever the price is.

I question why the establishment feels a need to hire waiters, when one can just as easily hire people to man the cash register. I also think that there should be a seating section where you do not have to have a waiter or waitress.


Sincerely,

O. Konheim

No comments: